OG Blueberry Gummy's
YOU WiLL NEED
2 small pots/saucepans
2 candy thermometers
gummy molds (your preference)
1/2 cup agar agar powder
1 cup water
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup corn syrup
1 tablespoon citric acid
1 dram blueberry flavor
6-10 drops of food color
1/4 cup Dee’s Infused Coconut Oil
-or- sub un-infused coconut oil and add 1 gram decarboxylated cannabis oil
corn starch as needed to lightly coat molds
MAGiC METHOD :
- PART 1, Agar Agar Solvent : In a separate pot, make a water bath with a candy thermometer keeping the water temperature at 150°F (65°C). I highly recommend getting a sous vide for this part as the gummy consistency is difficult to master without hitting the appropriate temperature. If you have a sous vide, place in water bath and set temperature to 150 °F (65°C).
- Take your agar agar solvent and cup of water, put both ingredients in a zip lock bag. Mix thoroughly, removing and clumps or streaks you see. It will look clouded at this point, do not worry there. Cook in water bath for 20-30 minutes or until clear.
- #HappyFact : Remember you can substitute un-infused coconut oil and replace with 1 gram of decarboxylated cannabis oil. Depending on the potency of oil you are using is how we formulate the dose per serving. Example : at 243 cavities (or servings) for this recipe , infusing with decarbed oil testing at 750 mg per gram; 1 gram would equate to each serving being at around 3 mg a gummy. Now considering this recipe we add in 5 gummy per chocolate that would equal each Hippie Trip being at 15mg THC. Dose responsibly to your tolerance levels or preference. My recommendation is a micro-dose of THC gummy which would equate to around the recreational serving dose per chocolate.
- PART 2, Sugar Solvent : Add your corn syrup, sugar, and Dee’s Infused Coconut Oil into second pot and put on medium heat; you want the sugar solvent to be the same temperature as the agar agar solvent. Mix ingredients well. After cooking around 10 minutes the sugar should have dissolved and emulsified. At this time you add in your decarbed cannabis oil to the pot. Make sure to mix well to ensure it’s homogenized, continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Part 3, Combine : Coat your molds lightly and thoroughly in corn starch, this part is extremely important as it allows you to pop out the gummy from the cavity once they’e set. Combine Part 1 and Part 2. Add you food color, citric acid and flavor of choice. *usually 6 to 10 drops of color will give you a good hue if the flavor itself has no color. Mix well.
- This is when you pour into molds. Now some molds may require the use of a baster to collect and hand drop (or deposit) the finish mixture into the cavity. I am not personally a fan of those molds as me making cannabis gummy’s for over a decade, without the use of machines, gave me carpel tunnel. So if you have arthritis or carpel, I highly recommend using the molds I used here, I purchased them on Amazon for $9.99 for a 2 pack square mold with 81 cavities a mold.
- Once the pot is empty and all the cavities filled, let stand for 6+ hours (or over night). You can also let stand on counter for 15 minutes and then through the molds in the freezer for the remainder of the time.
- After they set you want to pop the molds releasing the gummy’s from their cavities. At this time you can choose to sugar coat them, I prefer to. Toss in a bowl of sugar as you pop them and lightly coat each serving. Remove from the bowl and set out to dry (or cure) for 24 to 36 hours, check the texture every few hours to test until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pack, Go, Perfecto! #GetHappy
For UNCENSORED Video Content
Subscribe To :
For FREE Video Content
Subscribe To :
! KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN !
! FOR USE ONLY BY ADULTS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER !